Seed Life Skills Symposium
Wednesday, February 22 4:00 PM
Global Georgia Initiative: Seed Life Skills Symposium - "Food, Culture, and Community"
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- The Willson Center and Seed Life Skills present a symposium on “Food, Culture, and Community” with multiple public events on February 22 as part of the Willson Center’s 2017 Global Georgia Initiative.
- Panel discussion: “Food, Culture, and Community” -- 4pm @ UGA Chapel
- Almeta Tulloss, director, Seed Life Skills
- Helen Rosner, executive editor, Eater
- Rashid Nuri, president and CEO, Truly Eating Well Center for Natural Urban Agriculture
- Chef Tom Colicchio, author, restaurateur, and head judge, “Top Chef”
- Chef Michel Nischan, author, food equity advocate, and founder & CEO, Wholesome Wave
- Moderated by Chef Hugh Acheson, author, restaurateur, founder, Seed Life Skills
- More Information Here
Human Migration to Protected Area Edges in Three Costa Rican National Parks
Thursday, February 23 4:00 PM
Thursday, February 23 @ 4:00pm (Warnell Building 1-304)
Warnell Seminar: "Human Migration to Protected Area Edges in Three Costa Rican National Parks"
David Hoffman, Associate Professor in the Department of Anthropology & Middle Eastern Cultures, Mississippi State University
The Lunchbox Garden Project
Thursday, February 23 6:00 PM
The Lunchbox Garden Project aims to nurture young students to lead healthy, environmentally conscious lives. Our volunteers visit Barnett Shoals Elementary School each week on Wednesdays from 4:10 to 5:00 PM and on Fridays from 3:30 to 4:30 PM to teach and garden with the students.
If you are interested in learning more, we will be having a general body meeting at UGArden (2500 S Milledge Ave) Thursday, February 23rd from 6 to 7 PM.
If you have any questions or concerns (e.g. about transportation), please do not hesitate to email Jessica Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lunchbox Garden Project is a student organization sponsored by the Honors Program.
Tour of the ACC Recycling Facility
Wednesday, March 01 3:30 AM
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/140777186432901/
Net Impact Local: Georgia Tech Conference
Saturday, March 04 9:00 AM
This is a one-day conference for those who are interested and passionate about making a lasting social and environmental impact.
Saturday, April 22 8:00 AM
World Soil Day
Tuesday, December 05 8:00 AM
more to come...